Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality problems are a result of gases and particles in the air. It’s important to keep your home free of indoor pollutants.
What You Can’t See In The Air
Commonly found pollutants:
- Biological debris, dust mites, and pet dander – which can all cause respiratory irritation and trigger asthma attacks
- Volatile organic compounds – chemicals found in paints and lacquers, paint strippers, cleaning supplies, varnishes and waxes, pesticides, building materials and furnishings, office equipment, moth repellents, air fresheners, and dry-cleaned clothing
- Combustion pollutants – derived from improperly vented or unvented fuel-burning appliances such as space heaters, wood stoves, gas stoves, water heaters, dryers, and fireplaces.
- Carbon monoxide – colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly
- Nitrogen dioxide – colorless, odorless gas causes respiratory irritation and increases risk of infection
- Secondhand smoke – a result of burning tobacco products. It is the cause of serious respiratory illnesses
Breathing Cleaner Quality Air
- Proper ventilation – increase the amount of fresh air that is brought indoors.
- Change filters regularly to trap dust and other pollutants
- Adjust humidity to a proper level
Whole House Dehumidifier
We can install a Whole House Dehumidifier system that improves the quality of air in your home. We are your local expert HVAC service company.
High outdoor humidity levels can become overwhelming and even more overwhelming when they are high indoors. At times your air conditioning unit may not be able to keep your home free of humidity. But an air conditioning system paired with a dehumidifier does an effective job of keeping your air quality comfortable.
Why A Dehumidifier Make Sense
This Is How A Dehumidifier Works
Picking out the right dehumidifier:
- Many things to consider when picking out a dehumidifier are capacity, performance, and room location.
- Small-capacity: These are portable units and are ideal for a small damp room.
- Large capacity: These are also portable, and they can be used in large damp rooms.
- Whole-house dehumidifier: This is built into a home’s air conditioning system. These are ideal for a small- or medium-size wet or damp house.
Whole House Humidifier
We can install a Whole House Humidifier system too. Heating & Cooling system are nicely paired with this system.
Living In A Desert
- Static electricity
- Dry skin
- Sore, dry throat
- Cracks in wood furniture, floors, cabinets and paint
- Damage to musical instruments (pianos, guitars, violins)
- Peeling wallpaper
Where Room Air Humidifiers Lack
Room air humidifiers can work for a single room. When you purchase a room air humidifier you must make sure that it is adequate for the room size where it’s placed. too much moisture and you will have mold or mildew and too little will result in little effect. Since the air in your home is always circulating, the air that is being humidified will be diluted once it has mixed with air from other parts of the home.
In order to have a balanced quality of air throughout your home it is best to have a whole house humidifier. The humidistat will measure humidity similar to how I thermostat measures the temperature. A humidistat works by controlling the flow of water to your whole house humidifier, it also means you don’t have to feel the humidifier with water.
It’s important to filter the air in your home. Having a Air Filtration system in your home insures you will be breathing air free of pollutants.
Keeping The Air In Your Home Safe For Your Family
Some factors to keep in mind:
- The average home creates more than 40 pounds of dust each year.
- Each ounce of dust contains about 40,000 dust mites, one of the most common household allergens.
- As many as 72 trillion allergens find their way into your home every day.
- About 45% of homes in the United States have one or more people with asthma or allergies.
- Children are especially sensitive to airborne allergens because they inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults.
- Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemical compounds, many of which are strong irritants.
- If your heating and air conditioning system doesn’t have effective air filtration, it makes contamination worse by circulating suspended particulates instead of trapping them
Air Duct Analysis & Cleaning
Keeping your Air Clean and free of pollutants promotes a healthier environment for you and your family. Call and ask about out Air Duct services.
Air Duct Analysis, Replacement & Cleaning
Learn what’s in your ducts with an Air Duct Analysis
Honest prices and honest work. We always bring the our best people to every job.
We have the tools and knowledge to preform any job. You can trust our work
We offer 24/7 emergency services. Our goal is to protect your investment, your home
Our technicians have been working on residential and commercial job for years.