Water Heater Inspections
Making sure your water heater is running properly. We inspect all makes and models including tankless water heaters.
A few facts about water heaters
- The Department of Energy reports the average water heater fails at 10.7 years, some tankless water heaters average a bit longer.
- Average cost of a sudden water heater burst is $4,400 plus insurance deductibles (usually 1.5% of the insured home value)
- If your Water Heater(s) are in the Attic; the damage caused by broken water heater can be significantly higher (water damage to walls, carpet, ceilings, art, collectibles, etc.)
Signs your water heater need inspection:
- Lack of hot water
- Not hot enough water
- Off-color water
- Bad odors
- Noises emanating from the tank
- Leaking water
Also, one thing to keep in mind is these problems may be a result of the contaminants in your water. Installing a water filtration system can help prevent these issues.
Things to look out for when checking on you water heater
- Visually inspect the water heater for leaks, rust or other problems
- Temperature and pressure relief line – most important safety measure!
- Should be tested annually and REPLACED every 3 years
- Check water emergency shut-off valve for safe operation
- Anode rod – if checked regularly, can extend the life of the water heater
- Water temperature – proper heating of water (too hot can be dangerous!)
- Burner, venting and air flow – must be cleaned periodically for good combustion
- Pan and pan drain – if the heater does leak, it is critical that this drain runs freely
All expensive repairs can always be prevented with routine maintenance and inspections.
Honest prices and honest work. We always bring the our best people to every job.
We have the tools and knowledge to preform any job. You can trust our work
We offer 24/7 emergency services. Our goal is to protect your investment, your home.